Friday, February 17, 2012

One glance worth of thought

on a beautiful day i climb into the sky and float away,
fall into the clouds and settle in,
tell all the tiny people on the ground
I'm never coming down.


I'll make friends with a kite,
see if it'll teach me how to fly,
close my eyes as the wind falls across my face,
you know, they won't miss me anyway.


today as I was walking across campus i thought of how the day felt like 'Raining at Sunset' by Christ Thile. The song does indeed feel like raining at sunset, yet I felt that it also fit such a day as today. Perhaps 'Wind Across the Hills' would be a suitable second title. The wind would twirl across the green hills hand in hand, wonderful visual in that... The clouds would be alive and in motion, there will be brightly colored kites... no, just one. Odd how when you, or at least when I, think of a kite flying an a beautiful day I just picture the kite. Perhaps it would be better to see the person flying the kite, or to be the person flying the kite...
No, I want to be the kite. Perhaps one day a kite will teach me all there is to know about living. Or at least flying. Dancing with the wind... my soul already does that and could indeed teach the kite a few things.




-introvert disclaimer wishes to inform you that the two sections that appear first in this post are not my attempt at poetry, i just said what i thought at the moment. /end irrational fear of others thinking i think i'm better than i really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment