Wednesday, November 2, 2011

well can't you see that it's just raining...

"Does it make me less Christian if I don't post about God at least once a day, don't answer with 'AMEN!' or 'Praise the Lord!' to something, never post worship song lyrics, do not enjoy or feel worshipful while listening to worship music in church or on the radio, never post about how much I love Christ no matter what other people think, only learned one or two things from church/chapel in the past year, don't tell people about Jesus on a regular basis, and don't ask people to pray for me all the time?


Maybe I'm just the kind of person to talk to God like He's a friend, the One that has always been there for me when constant yelling and degrading ran down my back like rainwater but still weathered me down. Walking along in His creation and just existing, that is my worship. Feeling the life in nature... That is my worship. Trying to be a positive influence on the kids at church or camp, trying to make people laugh... that is my witness. When some people pray as if they're tugging at God's robe, I'm sitting in the pew holding a conversation with my best Friend. I may not get on my knees on a regular basis, but I'm always in conversation.
I'm not saying people that aren't like me are wrong...Everyone is different.Yet some people that aren't like me think that I'm wrong for not being like them.
I never set out to /do/...God just made me in such a way that the best way for me to honor Him is by trying to be myself.
I suppose, in a way, I set out to /be/"



...and the people that feel affirmed by this post i put on facebook...
as in my agnostic cousin that is convinced Jesus isn't the way...
i'm wondering if she kind of gets the point.

seeing as she shuts up anyone that talks about theology and doesn't even want me to share my views...
hmm.
but then again it's been a while since i've spoken to her, and i think she knows where i stand.

at anyrate, i just felt that post needed to be said.
17 people have 'liked' it on facebook.
suppose i didn't think it would really be noticed.

-random
had a lovely visit with a freshman friend, i made her hot chocolate and we talked about all manner of things.

pleasant evening, i like it when i can host people...
quite a bit actually.
perhaps i'll have a nice home one day and can host friends :)

until then i'll dream of a big comfy cream-colored couch, open windows with rainy weather, and a sense of mellow calmness...

...Lord, You're much too ornery.
haha!


...the font is way whacked on this post and i can't enter 'compose' mode...
*forehead desk*

No comments:

Post a Comment